- Thursday, Oct. 5–Sunday, Oct. 8, 2017: 11 a.m.–7 p.m.
- Monday, Oct. 9, 2017: 1 p.m.–7 p.m.
- Thursday, Oct. 12–Sunday, Oct. 15, 2017: 11 a.m.–7 p.m.
Explore what’s happening at this year’s event! Learn more
Denver, Colorado – Adjacent to the 61st & Peña rail station on the University of Colorado A Line. Learn more
The U.S. Department of Energy Solar Decathlon is a collegiate competition made up of 10 contests that challenge student teams to design and build full-size, solar-powered houses. The winner of the competition is the team that best blends design excellence and smart energy production with innovation, market potential, and energy and water efficiency.
Student teams will be providing free public tours of their solar-powered, energy- and water-efficient houses. Solar Decathlon 2017 also features a sustainability expo and professional, consumer and middle school education events.
One of the U.S. Department of Energy's most successful outreach efforts, the Solar Decathlon helps accelerate the adoption of energy-efficient products and design by:
- Educating students and the public about the money-saving opportunities and environmental benefits presented by clean energy products and design solutions
- Demonstrating to the public the comfort and affordability of homes that combine energy-efficient construction and appliances with off-the-shelf renewable-energy systems
- Providing participating students with unique training that prepares them for the clean energy workforce
Sponsorship & Volunteer Opportunities
Solar Decathlon 2017 is actively seeking additional sponsors and partners. This one-of-a-kind, residential design/build competition for college teams is open to the general public free of charge during select public exhibit hours. The Solar Decathlon focuses on the latest clean energy technologies, water conservation measures, electric vehicles, and sustainable homes. Join us as we support the next generation of engineering and technical service leaders. Be amongst key corporate sponsors who are currently supporting this event. This is a true public-private partnership, bringing together the U.S. Department of Energy, Energetics Incorporated, and the City of Denver.
Sponsorship Manager Contact
- Don Mosteller, Energetics Incorporated, (202) 406-4114, email@example.com
Tax-deductible donations of any amount are also welcome through www.supportsolar.org.
If you are interested in being a volunteer, please contact the Volunteer Team.
Energetics Incorporated, as the event’s official program administrator, is proudly leading the charge in producing this year’s U.S. Department of Energy Solar Decathlon event in Denver, Colorado, October 5-15, 2017.