- Thursday, October 5, 2017–Monday, October 9, 2017
- Thursday, October 12, 2017–Sunday, October 15, 2017
Denver, Colorado – Adjacent to the 61st & Peña rail station on the University of Colorado A Line
- Center for Science Teaching and Learning
- City and County of Denver
- Confluence Communications
- D+R International
- Denver International Airport
- GreenBuilder Media
- Norton Energy Research and Development
- Regional Transportation District
- Xcel Energy
The U.S. Department of Energy Solar Decathlon is a collegiate competition made up of 10 contests that challenge student teams to design and build full-size, solar-powered houses. The winner of the competition is the team that best blends design excellence and smart energy production with innovation, market potential, and energy and water efficiency.
Student teams will be providing free public tours of their solar-powered, energy- and water-efficient houses. Additionally, the Solar Decathlon 2017 will also feature a sustainability expo, professional development and consumer workshops, middle school education events, and a community festival.
One of the U.S. Department of Energy's most successful outreach efforts, the Solar Decathlon helps accelerate the adoption of energy-efficient products and design by:
- Educating students and the public about the money-saving opportunities and environmental benefits presented by clean energy products and design solutions
- Demonstrating to the public the comfort and affordability of homes that combine energy-efficient construction and appliances with off-the-shelf renewable-energy systems
- Providing participating students with unique training that prepares them for the clean energy workforce
In March 2016, Energetics Incorporated received an award from the U.S. Department of Energy to serve as the program administrator for Solar Decathlon 2017 and 2019. Our support includes the management of competition judging, event-related communications, marketing, and event management.
Sponsorship & Volunteer Opportunities
If you are interested in learning about sponsorship opportunities for Solar Decathlon 2017, please contact:
If you are interested in being a volunteer for Solar Decathlon 2017, please contact the Volunteer Team.